“We have a teenager who was killed, it is inexplicable, inexcusable”, judged President Emmanuel Macron this Wednesday, after the death of Nahel, 17-year-old boy, victim of police shooting at close range on Tuesday in Nanterre. “Nothing, nothing justifies the death of a young person,” he said on the third day of his visit to Marseille.
“Justice was immediately seized, I hope that it will do its job quickly and that the truth can be found as soon as possible”, supported the Head of State.
“We wish, within the ministry and the national police, to have the truth while respecting the time of justice”, had also explained the Minister of the Interior Gérald Darmanin earlier this Wednesday. “We will take the administrative decisions of suspension if ever charges are retained”
“Let the truth p”
THE policeman accused of shooting Nahel was taken into custody for intentional homicide on Tuesday evening. The agents initially said that the car Nahel was driving had run into them, before a video contradicted their version.
Emmanuel Macron said “the emotion of the whole nation” as well as “the affection” and “the respect” necessary to bring to the family and those close to Nahel. “No comment can be tolerated in the face of such a tragedy, no manipulation. It takes respect, consideration, that the truth pes, ”he says.
After the violence of that night in Nanterre and in several other citiesthe President of the Republic also called for “calm”.
The lawyer for the victim’s family, Me Yine Bouzrou, announced complaints “in the coming days”. One will target the author of the shooting for intentional homicide and his colleague for complicity. Another, for forgery in public writing, will be filed against the police.