Cover image: Demonstration in Marseille, May 6, 2023. CHRISTOPHE SIMON / AFP
- The unions have invited employees to participate mively in the day of mobilization against the pension reform this Tuesday, June 6. This is the fourteenth day of action since the start of the dispute.
- Some 250 actions are planned throughout France. In Paris, the demonstration will leave at 2 p.m. and will follow a course between the Invalides and the Place d’Italie. SNCF predicts near-normal traffic while, in air transport, a third of flights are canceled on departure from Paris-Orly.
- The intersyndicale has widened its slogan for the demonstrations beyond the withdrawal of the reform, of which the first implementing decrees were published in Official newspaper Sunday. Determined to get “social progress”it lists a certain number of demands: increase in salaries in the public and private sectors, gender equality, reinstatement of the hardship criteria abolished in 2017 to allow early retirement, etc.
- This week, eyes are also on the National embly: its president, Yaël Braun-Pivet, must decide for or against the examination of the flagship article of a proposal by the independent group LIOT, which plans to repeal raising the legal retirement age to 64. The presidential camp already struck down this provision in committee last week, but LIOT intends to reintroduce it through an amendment.
- Follow the day of mobilization in our live, with our journalists on the ground in Toulouse, Paris, Marseille, Rennes and Lyon.