An individual identified by Valencia after the racist insults towards Vinicius Junior
The almost unanimous condemnations of racist insults received by Vinicius Junior, Sunday in Valencia during the defeat of Real Madrid (0-1), had for first consequence the opening of a disciplinary…
The almost unanimous condemnations of racist insults received by Vinicius Junior, Sunday in Valencia during the defeat of Real Madrid (0-1), had for first consequence the opening of a disciplinary file against a Valencian supporter. The day after the events, the Spanish club went very quickly to find the person or persons responsible. Because if a man has already been identified, others could follow, said the current 13th in La Liga in a communicated.
A precedent in Valencia in 2019
The latter added that he “will apply the utmost severity against the supporters involved, expelling them from the stadium for life and (that he) collaborate with the police and the competent authorities to clarify what happened”.
While the president of the Spanish Federation (RFEF) Luis Rubiales acknowledged ” a problem “ with racism in his country, Valencia for his part reaffirmed his position, ensuring that he wanted to act “with the same force” than in 2019, when a supporter made fascist salutes in the stands, in a Europa League game against Arsenal. He had been banned for life.
Later in the afternoon, a judicial source told AFP that the Valencian public prosecutor’s office had opened an investigation into an alleged “hate crime”.